Stories of change
In Ethiopia the program focused on strengthening the capacities of different civic organizations, including producer organizations and community organizations such as self-help groups and their clusters. The capacity strengthening is focused on lobby and advocacy skills development and on developing skills on how to facilitate and organize lobby and advocacy events.
The program was implemented with six local partner organizations focussing on:
- realizing inclusive and sustainable food systems, and
- small-producers empowerment and access to market.
The stories are about:
- Influence on policy direction for applying lime to resolve soil acidity
- Better negotiation for fair prices
- Protecting the environment by mobilising community resources
- Collaboration for access to improved potato seed
- Independent legal framework for community self-help groups
- Achieving access to finance for community groups